Network Security Engineer
|Network Security Engineer
- As a Network Security Engineer you will be responsible for implementing the security framework and managing the numerous firewalls and other security products
- The Network Security Engineer will independently take on tasks to plan and execute Network Security projects.
- Good communication and cooperation with colleagues, but also with application managers, technicians, engineers and line managers of the production departments is a must
- Only through thorough cooperation can production interruptions be kept as short as possible
- Master's degree or equivalent through experience
- Analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Cisco Switches & routers
- Good understanding of Subnetting & routing (BGP, OSPF)
- TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, FTP)
- Industrial network protocols (PROFINET)
- Analyze network communication flows
(based on WireShark traces or Firewall loggings)
- Network Management (PRTG)
- Network segmentation, firewall, IPS
- Experience with configuration and management of Fortinet products is definitely an asset: FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiAuthenticator...
- Team player
- Sense of initiative
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English (or willing to learn in the short term)
- Experience working in a 24/7 production environment.
(To be clear, candidate himself works in a day job)
Location: Ghent (with 2 days/week remote work possible)