Working closely with the Datawarehouse Designer and Report Developer, the PL/SQL Developer will ensure that all data- and calculation-requirements are translated into appropriate ETL-procedures.
Further will the PL/SQL Developer -in close collaboration with the Migration Lead- also support the development of the migration activities required for the smooth transition from the current finance package to a new supplier.
- Development of new stored procedures and functions to support new functionalities in SQL-PL language (DB2 and Oracle).
- Adjustment of existing programs to comply with requested change in functionality .
- Analysis of ETL-performance, development and implementation of performance improvements
- Creation and maintaining of technical documentation on new and existing applications
- Design, Development and Testing of long term solutions for archiving and data-housekeeping
- Working closely with stakeholders across HFE and HME-ISD to design, develop and deliver HFE’s BI / data warehousing solution.
- Deliver a table and column dictionary to cover all systems
- Managing the database ETL aspects of the reporting and analytics platform(s) to ensure that analytics data aligns to timeliness / completeness requirements.
- Support Data & process mapping, and the identification of gaps and inconsistencies to improve data quality.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Significant experience working on DB2 or other database technology used for business intelligence and/or analytics (Must)
- Significant experience structured query language e.g. IBM PL SQL., Oracle PL/SQL (Must)
- Experience with shell scripting (korn / bash shell) (Plus)
- Experience with analysing complex requirements
- MDM (master data management) implementation experience
- Data & process mapping, experience developing processes using multiple sources, identifying gaps and inconsistencies to improve data quality
- Understanding of MI reporting tool kits (e.g. Business Objects, Microstrategy etc.)
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch
- Analytical mindset for technical analysis
- Logical Minded
- Ability to work in teams
- Well-motivated and eager to learn
- Good logical skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy is maintained
- Strong communication skills