As Test Automation Engineer you will be assigned to one of the development teams and be responsible for reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide meaningful feedback on new features, new applications but also on debugged issues in the existing platform. You contribute to delivering the highest quality.
- You analyze functional requirements to identify test cases, you write and document well-structured test scenarios;
- you plan and perform testing activities, you record the results and raise defects;
- you identify where testing can be automated, you write and maintain automation scripts;
- you report on status and progress of the test planning to developers and analysts;
- you monitor the development lifecycle to resolve malfunctions and to identify enhancements which you recommend to the software engineering team;
- you keep abreast with new technologies and share your knowledge with others.
- You obtained a higher degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering or similar;
- you ideally obtained a QA related certification (e.g. ISTQB or similar);
- you build on several years of professional experience in automated testing, ideally in an e-commerce, media industry...;
- you are an effective communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in English, and (ideally) in Dutch;
- you are experienced in designing high-quality test cases;
- you are experienced in developing and maintaining automated tests using tools such as IntelliJ (Cucumber-JVM, REST Assured), Selenium/Appium, Browserstack, Jenkins, Jmeter, Xray and GIT;
- you have knowledge of our preferred automation language: Java;
- you have knowledge of the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence …);
- you believe in the strength of working according to Agile principles (e.g. Scrum, Kanban);
- you develop with passion, are structured and have an eye for detail while always keeping the bigger picture in mind;
- you are an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- you have a healthy sense of urgency and excellent prioritization skills;
- you have an innovative and creative mindset;
- you are a team player who derives satisfaction from working closely with others;
- you are capable of working in a high pressure, fast moving environment.